Human Rights in China has learned that Lü Gengsong’s case has been transferred to the Hangzhou City Procuratorate for examination and decision on initiating a prosecution.
Lü Gengsong’s wife, Wang Xue’e, went to the Xihu District police station in Hangzhou on November 29, 2007, to check on the status of her husband’s case. A State Security police officer there reportedly told her that Lü’s case had been transferred from the Hangzhou City Public Security Bureau (PSB) to the procuratorate. Lü’s lawyer, Ding Xikui, of the Mo Shaoping lawfirm in Beijing, confirmed the transfer to Wang Xue’e.
Lawyer Ding said that the Hangzhou City PSB had informed the defense by phone that Lü’s case had been transferred to the procuratorate on November 28, 2007 and the charge of “incitement to subvert state power” remained unchanged. Lawyer Ding also told Wang Xue’e that lawyers would go to Hangzhou next week in an attempt to meet with Lü.
Lü Gengsong, a Hangzhou-based writer, was taken into custody on August 24, 2007.
For more information on Lü Gengsong, see:
- “HRIC Protests Detention of Writer Lü Gengsong,” August 27, 2007, http://www.hrichina.org/public/contents/44709.