Job posting: Hong Kong Program Director
Location: Hong Kong
Type of position: Full time with benefits
Start date: Flexible
Human Rights in China, a leading NGO dedicated to promoting and advancing human rights in China, is seeking a highly qualified bilingual (Mandarin and English) professional to fill the position of Hong Kong Program Director, based in Hong Kong.
This is an exceptional opportunity to advance the mission of a dynamic, collegial, and highly respected international organization.
The HK Program Director will report directly to the Executive Director. As part of the management team, s/he will be responsible for strategic planning, supervision of HK staff, program oversight of advocacy, media work, and research and publication projects. In coordination with the NY office, the HK Program Director will also be responsible for outreach and networking with diverse constituencies, including government, media, NGO, and academic communities.
- Native Mandarin fluency and excellent written and spoken English. Applicants who are not fluent in Mandarin will not be considered;
- Postgraduate degree in law, China studies, international affairs, or other relevant field preferred;
- At least 3-5 years of demonstrated NGO program management and oversight; experience supervising staff;
- Demonstrated strategic program planning in one or more of the following areas: international human rights, China exchange programs, or information and communication technology;
- Knowledge of mainland China; a strong interest in Chinese law and society preferred;
- Familiarity with applicable international human rights law and processes strongly desired;
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communications skills.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Apply immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please e-mail a cover letter, résumé, and at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Hong Kong Program Director” in the subject line.
Human Rights in China is an equal opportunity employer.